I am doing a series that tells you all about the Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business. The kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit!
The next oil from the starter kit we will learn about is, Lavender. Lavender is the Swiss army knife of essential oils! So versatile, so gentle, yet extremely effective. Lavender has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calming.
What Is The Difference Between Lavender and Lavender Vitality?
Young Living has just released a NEW line of essential oils, their Vitality line!
Vitality is a dietary essential oil line, a line of oils specifically labeled for internal use. These oils are the same exact therapeutic-grade oils we are used to, but the labeling makes it easier for new members to know which oils to use topically/aromatically and which oils are for dietary use. Everything in the Vitality line is for dietary use.
The ONLY thing different between Lavender and Lavender Vitality is the label. That’s it!
Tips And Uses For Lavender and Lavender Vitality
1.Cook With It: Use Lavender Vitality in savory dishes with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano. OR make homemade fruit jams infused with a drop of Lavender Vitality. Try mixing it with blueberry, apricot, raspberry, or peach jams and jellies. Here is a great Lavender Lemonade recipe to try this summer!
3. Relaxing Bath Salts: In 1/2 cup of epsom salt add 10-12 drops of Lavender essential oil. Mix well and add 2-3 Tbs. to hot bath water. Enjoy a relaxing spa right in your home!
4. Healthy Hair: Lavender encourages hair growth and may help minimize hair loss. Reduces dry scalp. Encourages circulation to the scalp, which can lead to healthier, shiny hair. Makes your hair smell great!
5. Minor Burns: Put lavender on any minor cuts and burns for a soothing relief.
6. Sleep Well: Diffuse in your room OR put a drop or two on the bottom of your feet to help you or your little ones sleep well.
7. Soothing Irritated Skin and Cradle Cap: Lavender oil is very soothing on any dry or irritated skin. Combine 2 Tbsp. of carrier oil like olive oil or V-6 Oil with 1 drop of lavender, 1 drop of lemon and 1 drop of frankincense. Apply a small amount of this oil blend to your baby’s head where he/she has cradle cap.
8. Pregnancy and Childbirth: Great during pregnancy. Use throughout your labor to promote relaxation and ease muscle tension. It’s great to use in massage during labor or fantastic in the diffuser for birth! You can also add 4-5 drops of lavender to a sitz bath for postpartum recovery. Here is a homemade Herbal Sitz Bath recipe.
9. After Sun Care: If you have spent too much time out in the sun, apply to sooth reddened areas using a carrier oil
10. Makeup: Put a drop or 2 in your mascara tube for long and thick eye lashes!