Blog Series Know Your Stater Kit – Day 1 Peppermint – Vitality
I am doing a series that tells you all about the Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business. The kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit!
The first oil in the line up for this series is Peppermint. Peppermint is one of those oils that is just a staple in our home. It can be used for so many different ways. Peppermint has a strong, clean, and minty aroma to it. It’s refreshing scent is just what you need to give yourself a jump start in the middle of the day!
But what is the difference between peppermint and peppermint Vitality?
The ONLY thing different is the label. Because essential oils are regulated by the FDA we have to be specific about how the oils are to be used. Vitality essential oils are the SAME great oils but labeled differently, specifically for internal uses, like dietary proposes and cooking etc. That’s it!
Tips And Uses For Peppermint And Peppermint Vitality
1. Relieve head pressure: Rub one drop on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.
2. Wake up: Place 2 drops on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
3. Hunger cravings: Diffuse or inhale mid-morning to curb the desire to munch.
4. Stomach Discomfort: Inhale or rub a drop on your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort. Peppermint is one of the most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion.
6. Create your own home spa! Add 1-2 drops of Peppermint and Lavender 1/2 cup of Epsom salt, Mix well and add to a hot bath
7. Pest Control: Leave a peppermint soaked cotton ball where you have ant problems, they do not like peppermint
8. Occasional Muscle Tension: Use with a carrier oil and include in a massage for a cooling sensation and muscle tension relief
9. Heart Burn: Drinking a glass of water with a drop of peppermint oil or put a drop on your chest can help with heartburn
10. Mental Clarity: Diffuse or rub a drop under your nose to help concentration, mental focus, and motivation
11. Room Freshener: Diffuse Peppermint with any citrus oils to freshen up a room
13. Mouth wash: Homemade peppermint/thieves mouth wash. DIY recipe here!
Mint Chocolate Protein Shake
Coconut Oil Fudge