#3 Lemon Essential Oil: I am doing a series that tells you all about the Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business. The kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit!
The next oil from the starter kit we will learn about is, Lemon. Lemon has a fresh and clean and motivating scent. Lemon naturally has antiseptic, antifungal, and astringent properties to it. FUN FACT! Did you know, it takes 75 lemons to make one 15ml bottle of lemon essential oil.
What Is The Difference Between Lemon and Lemon Vitality?
Young Living has just released a NEW line of essential oils, their Vitality line!
Vitality is a dietary essential oil line, a line of oils specifically labeled for internal use. These oils are the same exact therapeutic-grade oils we are used to, but the labeling makes it easier for new members to know which oils to use topically/aromatically and which oils are for dietary use. Everything in the Vitality line is for dietary use.
The ONLY thing different between Lavender and Lavender Vitality is the label. That’s it!
Tips And Uses For Lemon and Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
1. Acne: Apply three drops of lemon essential oil to a cotton ball and swipe onto the affected area, repeating up to three times a day.
2. Soothe Throat: Add 2-3 drops of lemon vitality and 1-2 droops of thieves vitality oil to hot water, Add 1-2 Tbs of honey or to desired taste and enjoy a delicious soothing tea. Also great for the immune system!
3. Energy Booster: Add a couple of drops of both lemon vitality and peppermint vitality essential oils to your water for an instant boost in energy. This is also very good for digestion.
4. Bad Breath: Place 4 drops of lemon vitality oil in 4 ounces of warm water and gargle to get rid of bad breath.
5. Air Freshener: Put 8-10 drops of lemon essential oil to a glass spray bottle filled with water, makes a great all-natural air freshener. Better yet, add 8 drops to a diffuser and let the wonderful smell clean and freshen the air.
6. Glass Cleaner: Add lemon oil to a spray bottle filled with water and use as a glass cleaner. This will even clean the hard water spots and soap scum off of a glass shower door!
7. Clean and Sanitize Toilet Bowls: Add a few drops of lemon oil along with baking soda to clean and sanitize your toilet bowl.
8. Degreaser: Lemon oil will remove grease and grime from your hands, as well as tools, dishes, and household items. It will also remove tree sap and the residue left behind from glues and labels. Lemon is also great for removing gum from hair, or carpet. It will remove crayon marks from walls. Bonus!
9. Wood Cleaner: A few drops of lemon to some coconut or olive oil to make a non-toxic wood cleaner and furniture polish.
10. Improve the Taste of Water or Beverage: A a drop or two of lemon vitality to your glass of water to improve the taste.
11. Keep cut apples and avocado fresh: Use lemon oil in water to keep sliced apples or avocado from turning brown.
12. Hair care: Lemon oil is also a powerful hair refresher. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shiny hair. Lemon oil can also be used to eliminate dandruff.
Hair highlights: Add a few drops of lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and spritz hair and go out in the sun for natural highlights.
Cook with it: Get creative! Add lemon vitality to any recipe that has a lemon flavor. Put 4-5 drops of lemon vitality (of enough for desired taste) in salad dressings, marinades, guacamole jams, pies, cookies, cake or smoothies to enhance the fresh lemon flavor.
13. Gentle For Children: Dilute or use neat (undiluted) for children teething to reduce fevers OR mix with 2 Tbs of carrier oil with 1 drop lemon 1 drop tee tree and 1 drop geranium to help heal cradle cap.
So far, we have learned how to use the first three oils in the Premium Starter Kit. Peppermint ,Lavender and Lemon. It’s truly amazing how many way you can use just these three oils. Remember the kit includes 11 oils and a diffuser! Click Here to learn more about what is included in the premium starter kit